Dog Grooming Courses
Looking for a career change and interested in setting up your own dog grooming business? Want to learn to groom your own dog? Looking to polish grooming skills and techniques?
The Pet Studio in Congresbury, North Somerset teaches City & Guilds Dog Grooming Qualifications, Level 2 & Level 3 as well as our own tailored courses.
Our courses are made to suit and will vary in length; from a 1 day course specialising in one breed style. This is mainly aimed at owners looking to groom their own dog. Or, all the way through to a newcomer with no experience wanting to leave with the relevant practical skills at the end and ready to start their own business.
Frequently asked questions when choosing a training school:
- "Is the school registered with an industry body?" The Pet Studio is a member of Heavenlyz approved City & Guilds Training Satellite Centres
- "Are you able to gain industry recognised qualifications?" The Pet Studio teaches the City & Guilds qualification
- "Is the course structured to your needs?" The Pet Studio will work with each individual student and structure the teaching and course to their particular needs
- "What is the teaching to student ratio?" No more than 3 students at any one time with a 1:2 staff to student ratio
- "Are the teachers constantly keeping up to date on styles and training?" Regular attendance of dog grooming seminars and workshops
- "What after care or help is offered once the course finishes?" The Pet Studio offers ongoing work experience in our large commercial salon (based in Nailsea) for confidence building and additional experience to hone your skills. Liza is always available if further help and advice is needed. A dedicated, private Student Facebook group has been set up for all students to join for advice, tips, information and sharing of grooms in a friendly and helpful environment.
We provide the following options for training but if there is anything else you would require then please contact us directly.
Option 1 - One day Breed Specific for the Pet Owner looking to learn to groom their own dog. This will include bathing, grooming techniques (breed specific) trimming and styling.
Cost - £300 This equates to approximately 6-7 grooming appointments
Option 2 - Five day course aimed at working groomers looking to improve on style and techniques for various breeds.
Cost - £925
Option 3 - 10 day course for those with some background experience looking to polish their practical grooming or require additional training on specific breeds
Cost - £1750
Option 4 - 20 day course (The Pet Studio Gold Standard Course) suitable for those with no experience who require an intensive practical course covering all the relevant pet breed grooms and includes clipping, scissoring and hand stripping.
Cost - £2995
Option 5 - Level 2 City & Guilds (7763-02) For Dog Grooming Assistants - 24 day course This qualification is suitable for those candidates who have no prior experience in dog grooming and includes 7 assessment units and an online multiple choice theory examination.
Cost - £3595
NEXT COURSE AVAILABILITY: MARCH 2nd 2020